Thursday, July 28, 2005

My Ginkgo Tree

I am so fortunate to have a ginkgo tree in my garden. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that it would grow so tall!! But I love it. It has such character. This is a photo of it taken in autumn quite a few years ago.
The Ginkgo Tree

An ancient tree
So, so old
Leaf fossils found
dating back to the
Dinosaur Age

Standing tall
Ever so Tall
Branches reaching out
Giving shelter to
The birds of the air

Distinctive Leaves
Oft times used
In artistic design
Golden yellow
In autumn time
Sturdy grey trunk
Wrinkles and creases
Rising up from
Roots unseen
Nurtured well by
Mother Earth
Below is a piece of felting that I have done expressing my appreciation of this beautiful tree.

3 Comments:

At 4:47 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Leonie, that felting is breathtaking! Gingko trees are special.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I will add this to the Golden Seed Grove Leonie. This is just gorgeous.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Believer said...

How beautiful, it seems to be glowing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home