Thursday, November 17, 2005

Oh I wish to to be that "Wise One"

I am that aging crone
I do seek peace
I have been wise
I have been brave
I have been foolish
I now listen to the heart,my heart.

I was the Mother
Of the children
who cried for attention
No book gave me the answers
One gave,as a man now 43, but perhaps
not fully grown.
One gave only what she could,that was as
it had to be.

Being a Mother
Pressure to have siblings
Who delivered only results
I did none of this
But loving and acceptance is this not enough ?


When looking back life brings
joys untold
Untold till now
But worth a book of advice
At peace I be.
I am that woman I want and need to be
I would change little of my life now.

Lois (Muse of the Sea) 18/11/05

2 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

Peace and self acceptance are gifts Lois. You have earned your right to enjoy these now.

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

This is so poignant, Lois. I felt every word in my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home