Thursday, August 18, 2005

Milagro means Miracle



Milagros are prayers of a sort, created in Mexico, and, I assume, other Latin American countries that are Catholic. They are often in the shape of the thing prayed for...eyes for good vision, hearts for safe journey through open heart surgery or love, etc...I loved this idea, and this hand is one of my visions of the milagro. Hands can plant all sorts of seeds, some of which I have listed around the border. May our hands be miracles of the everyday.

5 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Seeing your Milagro reminds me to ask if you have checked out the Advent Calendar. My Advent Calendars are stored in the Box of Wonderment. Check out the 2004 Advent Calendar for Artist's

Around the beginning of November we will get everyone back to the House of Baba Yaga to help create the 2005 Advent Calendar.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I love the advent calendar! I would be thrilled to create part of it, especially on my birthday, Dec. 23rd! Keep me in mind.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I will pencil you in - for the 23rd and whenever else is appropriate. The 23rd can be your special day this year. As you can see, work that was presented last year was just beautiful. And, as someone like Lois, who opened up each day, will testify, the concept is just delightful.
Heather

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Viridiana said...

This is lovely Karen. I too am fascinated by milagros. You find them pretty much everywhere in catholic communities. I have tried making some.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Believer said...

I've come back to this a couple of times, Karen, it's just lovely. It's striking in b&w, but I can imagine it as a colorful scarf that could be given as a gift.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home