Sunday, October 09, 2005

Attribution

I asked Kiyan if he had an invocation
or affirmation that might help those
embracing self-appraisal of the Duuran
or other process ...
...............................................

he said, "this is akin to the oath
of the Angels of Sidon -- it should serve."

ATTRIBUTION

I invoke the breath of Universality
and the whispered Current of Ancients,
that my actions this day be a mirror
for what a person is meant to be,
that in kind shall I grow unto eternity.

Hear now the bold intent of (name),
servant to the task of (title),
and master of naught but self and soul.

Let my intent be crystal clear and visible,
that I may be accountable so in bond,
as INTEGRITY is a commitment and call.

Let me be ever known for VALOR true,
found in simple presence and compassion
not bound by projection or claimed judgment.

Grant that I bravely HONOR those
whose challenge cast light into the shadows
of my dread hubris and self-dilutions.

May I find such FORBEARANCE
as will hold my hand and tongue and ire
in balance with fine reasoned plan and spirit.

Engender WISDOM in my thoughts and speech,
distilled from the ripe grapes of knowledge
and the water of experienced sweat and tears.

As I be know by my heartfelt dance with others,
grace me with mirth and wit and laughter,
for to embrace HUMOR in all of humanity.

Above all, command that I gift selfless love,
expecting nothing in return for deed or boon
save respect for the attributes of creation.




2 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Very helpful, wise words.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

As we face yet another operation this is a very good invocation. Thanks faucon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home