Thursday, July 21, 2005

Packing up and Catching up

Good morning Heather and Fellow Travelers,

My suitcase is a small red and black tartan in stretchy canvas with buttoned and zipped pockets inside and out. It is waterproof, of course and will float if the occasion warrants.

I suspect I shall pack cold chicken as well as, "coldtonguecoldhamcoldbeefpickledgherkinssaladfrenchrollscresssan dwichespottedmeatgingerbeerlemonadesodawater -- -"

I have seed and a bag of peanuts for the local birds and squirrels. And chocolate. A notebook and a few pens. I'd best tuck my memory into one of the pockets now before I forget or mislay it.

I think I'm ready. I haven't packed my inhibitions, worries, fears or misgivings. I've left my lack of confidence behind in the hall closet. The TV, radio and computer are turned off. There's a smiley note on the fridge saying I've gone and can't be followed. Done.

Wait for me guys, I'm comin'!

2 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

oooh what a lovely lunch - and it seems as if we will even get a chance to be `messing about in boats'.
I can't wait.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Ah! A kindred spirit!
Perhaps we can mess about in boats when we get to Duwamish Bay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home