Thursday, August 04, 2005

A Dance For The Gorgons

On her website,Loreena McKennit.has a door and when you enter she says that "Every journey brings its own surprises: a challenge, a sudden detour, a new set of friends along the way, perhaps even a destination different from the one you intended.

These days, as I make my way along the path to researching, writing and recording a new album, I find myself thinking with amazement of all of the individual journeys that have brought all of you to this website. I am honoured to count you among our community of friends, and I remember how many people I have met in my travels through music that have made my life so much richer."

To appreciate my dance for the Gorgons you need to listen to Loreena McKennitt's Book of Secrets, listen, in particular to The Mummeries Dance and Marco Polo.

5 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

I have more front than Myers (a big store here in Melbourne), so when my dance was done, after the Gorgons and I had combed each other's hair lovingly and cried a lot together, I asked them if I could do an interview.

They have agreed that when the songs are done, and everyone has gone down to the Duwamish river (The House of the Serpents is up stream from Duwamish Bay) with Anita Marie for a picnic they will do an exclusive interview with me. Wowsers!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Girl, you got it goin' on...and here I thought you were the quiet and reflective type ;)

anita marie

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Viridiana said...

love the costume gal! love Loreena Mckennit too. Great stuff

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Wow, Heather, an exclusive interview, what an honor! I knew when you danced with such abandon wonderful things would happen!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Don't make me come down to Port Melbourne with my snake mask on to slap you Lois. :-) Green eyed envy really is a dreadful thing sweet pea. I will have you know that I have the photos to prove that when I was a maiden I looked just like this and, when I went into the Gorgon's I was but a maiden again. So there! Tongue out poking at you! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home