Sunday, September 04, 2005

Cleaning House

know to be true

I know but little, my friend --
a bit more perhaps than I will tomorrow,
and less than from passing yesterbe's --
so before all blessed wit slips away,
I would tell you what I know to be true --
not much actually.

There is no choice 'tween singer and song,
but a calling to just be in tune.

A simple leaf can turn light to gold,
while wise men seek only shade.

Love in not know but shown,
and speaks in laughter
and knows no anger.

Men claim to listen but rarely hear,
while a flower is deaf,
but can remember.

A raindrop is but a poem of the sea,
that I might find creativity.

You can always see the world better
with a friend standing on your shoulders.

Every child knows how to call butterflies,
and dance with thistle down --
or chooses to.

That strangers are more interesting than family,
and enemies more enlightening than friends,
and that crowds are always lonely,
and you are perfect
just as you are.

A man of knowledge could tell you more,
but in my wisdom --
this is the core.

1 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Blogger Believer said...

Living life backwards like Merlin? Ah, perhaps that's who you've always been. I should have known.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home