Monday, September 05, 2005

Traveling with a friend

FRIEND

There is a moment in troubled judgment
just left of appalling despair
and somewhat right of seething rage,
where the intellect is open to change
and my spirit self cries out
for balance and much needed peace.

Yet the practiced mind is an enemy
well trained in deceitful ploy.
Easy lies to the outside real world
are nothing to those spun dark within.
Pray let simple new thoughts emerge
to blend with new supported hope.

Reach out, reach out to the distant shores
masked in the ever swirling mists
of confusion and material chase.
Somewhere out there hides a miracle
of an awaiting new friendly voice
strangely in need of lonely me.

My hand can reach outward, but will my heart?
Am I now ready to accept
this expected painful journey?
Is the solid risk of dread betrayal
now diminished by the yearning
of a lyric to match my song?

Sing, sing to me of compassion and light.
Show me practiced charity
and strength to battle adversity.
Do you bring mirth, or bag of aging rocks?
Do you cry at colored sunset
and pause to admire butterflies?

Come, come to me in the silent dawning
of eager companionship trust
and open vulnerable need.
Help me, show me how to live once again
and I will shower you, my friend,
with stories of impassioned love.

faucon

2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Great writing.

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Fran said...

A love to be envied and beautiful in the telling

 

Post a Comment

<< Home