Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Candy with a Taste of Trouble

Sitting on the bed after the shower I noticed a box of candy.
Upon opening it I discovered how pretty candy could appear, as mine looked like this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Imagine, what it tasted like.
The inside contained any one or several of the following ingredients.
Port & Pear; bourbon, lemon & lime; brandy & sugarplum; pink champagne and spiced rum. Now, mind you, this was just one of several pieces of candy, very tasty candy. It was very hard to only have one piece. So I just had to have three. Yup, a total of three. Little did I know this candy was more than just your ordinary boxed fancy candy. Oh noooo, Audrey never does ordinary.

Suddenly the colors in the rustic style room began to change into the most gorgeous shades of pinks, violets and yellows along with several hues of blue. “Okayyyyyyyy”, I thought to myself, “I’m awake and this is actually happening.” Sitting on the bed I listen to the sounds coming from the room, and watched in fascination as the colors changed and moved faster and faster in time to music. Like the colors, I had no idea where the music came from. It was, I had to admit, a beautiful sight to see. Next came these awesome designs of different shapes and sizes moving along in conjunction with the colors. “This is amazing!” I spoke aloud, as I watched in awe at the sight before me.

Suddenly I became aware that the curtains on the window were beginning to blow outward away from the room and that the window was open. The lights in the room started to become darker and more subdued. Outside of the window it was lit up with a very bright piercing light. As if in a trance I climbed on the chair and then onto the desk and headed toward the window. I had to shade my eyes from the brightness that filled up the open window. Behind me the colors and shapes were still there, only they were moving slower and the music had changed. The instruments now began to take on a serious note as though preparing for what would take place outside of the room. I was frozen with fear half in and half out of that window...

6 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

OKAY! I'm hooked...can't wait to see what's on the other side of that window Audrey!

PS
Ain't it the truth? That sweet stuff is ALWAYS trouble

Anita Marie
PS
Don't forget...the Sheriff is looking for you ;)...ha, just kidding...SORT OF

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Audrey said...

Anita, I'm terrified of going completely through that window. I wonder, perhaps...

...it just may be safer to be found by the sheriff?

Only the Mind knows... >:-)(Devilish mind remark with a smile...)

Love,
Audrey

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

Nah! Make her earn her keep...though it might be interesting if you tell us what the skinny between you and the Sheriff IS. You're quite the Mystery here >;)

Anita Marie

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Wow, you really left me hanging, Audrey. Come on finish this, will you? :-)

The old expression says "Do as I say, don't do as I do!" (Confidentially, I have a couple of stories hanging unfinished in Soul Food!)

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Why does trouble often come in such gorgeous packaging? I love the photo you placed with this work.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Viridiana said...

rose petal candies anyone? tempting but dangerous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home