Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Purely Free

Purely Free

Tropical rain soaked leaves
brush my naked body
as I skip
exuberantly
through the forest.
I tingle in a
purely erotic sense of being as
my dancing feet touch creation,
purely free,
purely me.

Screaming Howlers swinging on prehensile tails
descend to check this
creature
who dares to be
purely free,
purely like them.

A green sinuous body
glides with ease
along one nutrient giving trunk
in many.
She regards me,
wondering perhaps
in her tiny reptilian brain
how this pale, hairless creature can
expect to be like her,
purely free.

She does not view her life
as something to be lived in the moment
for that is what she does
without thought or plan.

The Howlers,
back now in the canopy
without concern.
When their time comes
as it does to all of us,
they will not regret time wasted
or opportunity lost
for they have lived
as I must learn to do,
purely free,
purely me.

Vi
© September 6, 2005

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Vi your writing is beautiful. I have to mention I love the picture on your profile page - it makes me swoon a bit, and I think it's true.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Your clearly still with the serpents darling. And having a wonderful time by all accounts. Do make sure to grab a steed from the stables and head off for that night ride. You will be needing to get to Baba's soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home