Thursday, October 20, 2005

Years End

Some friends here of 'earth based' persuasion
are celebrating a new year;
and in a sense those 'down under'
are enjoying a rebirth Spring
of begining as well ...

Some thoughts to ponder, then --

faucon
.........................................................

Harvest Lament

Year past … in death


Let the bitter stalks of winter's nakedness
pierce the bubble of love's memories,
where joyful brushes of a blind pallet
scattered many carelessly lost leaves.

Cry -- cry -- yearn for me no longer,
nor rescue my crumpled form from
this discarded heap of broken laughter.
Leave to me this last dignity of
self-abusing spiritual dismay.

New year born …

Come again when lines writ on a new born moon
tell more of yearning than past regrets.
I will be waiting here, most quietly.
tracing longing in the timeless sand.

In ever growing dawn of Goddess wisdom,
where the promise of Spring's rebirth,
draws new friends and love abounding
to caress the past year's fading tears.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Circles. I am reminded of Joni Mitchell's "Circle Game". I love that song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home